The recent tool kits have made the rooting of Android smartphones very easy. Most of these kits now offer a complete package with rooting the device, flashing recovers, unrooting the device and etc. If you own an HTC Desire V, and you want to enjoy root-only apps on it, you have to root your smartphone. This article would guide you through the simple procedure on how to root the HTC Desire V. So, lets start:
Requirements Of Procedure
- You should know that rooting your device would void the warranty of your smartphone. However, you can get reinstate your warranty by unrooting your device anytime.
- Make sure that you have unlocked boot loader of your smartphone. You can do so from here.
- You can perform this procedure with only Windows based PCs.
Files You Have To Download
- You have to download Desire V Toolkit on your PC.
Procedure To Root The HTC Desire V
- Place the downloaded Desire V Toolkit archive on the desktop of your PC.
- Extract the files from the archive folder and place them on the desktop.
- With the help of a USB cable, connect your device with the PC.
- In this step, you have to open Toolkit’s executable file. Click on it and launch it.
- In the toolkit, you’ll find ClockWorkMod, select it, and tap Flash Recovery.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on your screen, and you are done.
With the help of the above procedure, you have successfully downloaded ClockWorkMod Recovery on your smartphone. Now we’ll tell you the procedure to root the HTC Desire V.
- Connect your smartphone with the help of a USB cable to your PC.
- Launch Toolkit.exe by double clicking on the icon.
- Here you have to select Perm Root option, and then click on Run.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on your smartphone screen.
- You have successfully root the HTC Desire V.
Now you can run third party apps that can only run on a rooted Android smartphone. You can also run custom ROMs on your smartphone. Hope you like the article. Please share it with others as well.